Clownfish ID and do they look healthy?

Yellow17165161

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so someone is selling a pair of clownfish locally. I have a new tank that just finished cycling. I’m doing a full water change today. And planning on adding clowns first, and then wait a month before adding anything else.

Are these plain ocellaris clownfish? The top fin looks different to me. Do they look healthy? I asked for a few more images from the seller and will post as I have them.

Also, this person hasn’t had any other fish in the tank, only the clowns for a year. They say no diseases and healthy fish. Do you think I’d need to do any serious quarantine? I’m thinking of just doing a simple observation. I can’t really treat them with anything since meds are banned in Canada.

CDC8DA7F-8AFD-42B6-973A-C5DDF2FC19F1.jpeg B9AA57BC-D515-4F37-A8C9-C44E2D2F4098.jpeg
 
They look like a nice pair of ocellaris. Since the previous owner had them for such a long time, there's no need to quarantine.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new