Clownfish Issue

Dabsanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s going on everyone my clownfish seems to be getting picked on by someone, I’m 80 percent sure it’s not a disease. The fish seems to have it on its left side looks like she has a bite mark that has ruffled the scales. What would y’all think it could be it’s located on the back end in the picture attached.
ED441EC2-AA23-4AF9-81A4-D98381DC1FCE.jpeg

OP
OP
Dabsanto

Dabsanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update my starry blenny won’t leave my one clownfish alone and is causing very minor scale damage

OP
OP
Dabsanto

Dabsanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!
How long since the most recent fish has been added? How long have the spots been there?
Looks like ich to me.
Thank you, fish have been together for a year now. Blenny keeps hitting the fish in that same spot always doing sneak moves…. Added harlequin shrimp 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dabsanto

Dabsanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another with better lighting all fish in tank healthy, blenny just been picking on my smaller clown.

Attachments

• 5F477DCC-0DFE-45E0-984D-DC759A424B85.jpeg
    5F477DCC-0DFE-45E0-984D-DC759A424B85.jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 19

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!

The first image looks like ich, but some blennies can be real jerks. Since you’ve seen aggression, I’d chalk it up to that. However, if this goes on, secondary bacterial infections are a possibility….

Jay

OP
OP
Dabsanto

Dabsanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum!

The first image looks like ich, but some blennies can be real jerks. Since you’ve seen aggression, I’d chalk it up to that. However, if this goes on, secondary bacterial infections are a possibility….

Jay
I have been seeing the aggression more often than usual . What do you think some good options are.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing the aggression more often than usual . What do you think some good options are.

Aggression is tough to manage, people try all sorts of things; rearranging the rocks, putting the aggressor in a basket as a "time out", feeding the fish more, but separating the fish is often the only true solution.

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back