Clownfish juveniles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richie49
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Richie49

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2016
Messages
198
Reaction score
20
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know when to add the clownfish juveniles to the main tank ? I have 3 that are 1 month and 3 days old.
 
What other fish are in the display? At little over a month, any hermits, crabs, and some corals could make an easy meal of them. How large are they, an image would help.
 
In the display are the parent clownfish and a yellow tang. They are almost an inch I believe. I'll post a picture when I get home
 
It would be best to wait until they are 3/4 of an inch or bigger but it all depends on what you currently have in the tank as well. You do not want them to get picked on.

I would put them in and monitor closely for several hours to make sure they don't become prey!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new