Clownfish likes to sit on Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter BoonieMoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BoonieMoe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Messages
105
Reaction score
54
Location
Baton Rouge
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Clownfish sometimes likes to take a seat on my watchman gobies face 😂 is this normal?? Most of the time he swims around normal & eats well but then sometimes I’ll catch him taking a seat on the goby lol I’ve seen no aggression or nipping. Clownfish is about a week or two new to tank

 
My female black and white misbar used to drag my ywg around the tank by the tail. Such passive aggressive drama queens .
 
dang that’s intense lol so probably a sign of tank aggression for me?
Oh definitely.

Love love love clowns, but I am done with the aggression and having to worry about when the female is going to bite me.
I have one naked clown left, then no more.


🤨
 
dang that’s intense lol so probably a sign of tank aggression for me?
Oh definitely.

Love love love clowns, but I am done with the aggression and having to worry about when the female is going to bite me.
I have one naked clown left, then no more.


🤨
dang that’s crazy 😂 I have 3 small fish in a 4ft tank so he must be being a butt just for the love of the game 😂
 
My hybrid orange storm head butts the hermit crabs if they get too close to the glass…we finally named him Norman Bates! Wait for it! 😂😂
View attachment 1773881652
 
LOL! That's funny. Clowns are so weird and derpy.
 
My hybrid orange storm head butts the hermit crabs if they get too close to the glass…we finally named him Norman Bates! Wait for it! 😂😂
View attachment 1773881652
We named ours egg but if he keeps this behavior up he might earn a new name more fitting 😂
 
My Clownfish sometimes likes to take a seat on my watchman gobies face 😂 is this normal?? Most of the time he swims around normal & eats well but then sometimes I’ll catch him taking a seat on the goby lol I’ve seen no aggression or nipping. Clownfish is about a week or two new to tank

Well.... That is a clown doing clown things. I should be shocked by this but I'm really not. In all seriousness, I would just keep an eye and make sure the clown or goby doesn't show signs of aggression toward each other. If not, then he can continue to sit on the goby
 
My Clownfish sometimes likes to take a seat on my watchman gobies face 😂 is this normal?? Most of the time he swims around normal & eats well but then sometimes I’ll catch him taking a seat on the goby lol I’ve seen no aggression or nipping. Clownfish is about a week or two new to tank

Well.... That is a clown doing clown things. I should be shocked by this but I'm really not. In all seriousness, I would just keep an eye and make sure the clown or goby doesn't show signs of aggression toward each other. If not, then he can continue to sit on the goby
If i notice it gets more aggressive or if the goby starts stressing ill prolly throw a mirror up hopefully distract the clown for a bit & maybe forget about the goby haha
 
So I had a small juvenile clown who kept trying to sit and basically ride my mandarin around the tank every time the mandarin got anywhere near the section of tank the clown was trying to claim as his own. It became frequent enough that I actually got rid of the clown fish because I was worried about how bad it was going to get once he became an adult.
 
So I had a small juvenile clown who kept trying to sit and basically ride my mandarin around the tank every time the mandarin got anywhere near the section of tank the clown was trying to claim as his own. It became frequent enough that I actually got rid of the clown fish because I was worried about how bad it was going to get once he became an adult.
Yea hopefully they can figure out that it’s a 4ft tank before it gets serious & not all 3 fish & shrimp have to stay in the same 1 ft section 🤣🤣🤦🏽🤦🏽
 
So I had a small juvenile clown who kept trying to sit and basically ride my mandarin around the tank every time the mandarin got anywhere near the section of tank the clown was trying to claim as his own. It became frequent enough that I actually got rid of the clown fish because I was worried about how bad it was going to get once he became an adult.
Yea hopefully they can figure out that it’s a 4ft tank before it gets serious & not all 3 fish & shrimp have to stay in the same 1 ft section 🤣🤣🤦🏽🤦🏽
Yeah, my tank is only 15 gallons. That’s why I didn’t take any chances. Hopefully your clown will just find their own space and leave the goby alone.
 
I’ve always wondered how the hell clownfish survive in the wild. Of all the fish I’ve ever kept—saltwater or freshwater—none have come close to the sheer, breathtaking stupidity of clowns.
 
I’ve always wondered how the hell clownfish survive in the wild. Of all the fish I’ve ever kept—saltwater or freshwater—none have come close to the sheer, breathtaking stupidity of clowns.
They are a special breed forsure 🤣
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new