Clownfish Made it to Meta... Now What?

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up catching only 12 babies from the latest clutch which hatched 12 days ago. 5 have survived to this point.
3 have developed their first stripes, and the other 2 have a hint of white developing as well.
Now what?
Should I now remove these guys from the fry tank and add a sponge filter? Can they sustain water changes now or do I still need to drip in water?

Any advice would be appreciated, I would like to keep these guys healthy.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there are still premeta clownfish in the fry tank, then it would be worthwhile to remove the postmeta clowns from the tank. If not, go ahead and drop a sponge filter in there. They're still pretty fragile, so do small partial water changes until you get the ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels down, and then do water changes as required.

If they're still on BBS, get them on enriched BBS or something asap to prevent sudden fright syndrome.

Congratulations!

OP
OP
Mike N

Mike N

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there are still premeta clownfish in the fry tank, then it would be worthwhile to remove the postmeta clowns from the tank. If not, go ahead and drop a sponge filter in there. They're still pretty fragile, so do small partial water changes until you get the ammonia/nitrate/nitrite levels down, and then do water changes as required.

If they're still on BBS, get them on enriched BBS or something asap to prevent sudden fright syndrome.

Congratulations!
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely get a sponge filter in there.
I went from rotifers to TDO-A/B1, skipped the BBS entirely because of what I read about SFS. They're not completely weaned off rots since I started way too late with the TDO(still learning).
Thanks again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back