Clownfish not eating and rapid breathing

  • Thread starter Thread starter catberm10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

catberm10

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
4
Location
Winter Springs
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My female clownfish, she’s the bigger of the two. I’ve had them since April. She stopped eating on Friday, was breathing heavily. This continued, so on Monday I moved her to a QT tank and started Rally Pro. Tuesday she seemed better. Had perked up. Breathing was improved, ate some TDO pellets. Was going after food. But wouldn’t eat anything frozen. She also doesn’t like garlic. Swimming around. Yesterday she seemed worse again. Only ate a couple of pellets. Staying in the PVC pipe, rapid breathing again. Today not eating, rapid breathing. I’ve done 3 days of Rally Pro. I’ve noticed each day some stool hanging by a string, that takes awhile to fully pass. She’s had this issue before (constipated maybe?) in the past about 6 months ago, but it only last 3 days and she started eating again. Not sure what to do next.
 
My female clownfish, she’s the bigger of the two. I’ve had them since April. She stopped eating on Friday, was breathing heavily. This continued, so on Monday I moved her to a QT tank and started Rally Pro. Tuesday she seemed better. Had perked up. Breathing was improved, ate some TDO pellets. Was going after food. But wouldn’t eat anything frozen. She also doesn’t like garlic. Swimming around. Yesterday she seemed worse again. Only ate a couple of pellets. Staying in the PVC pipe, rapid breathing again. Today not eating, rapid breathing. I’ve done 3 days of Rally Pro. I’ve noticed each day some stool hanging by a string, that takes awhile to fully pass. She’s had this issue before (constipated maybe?) in the past about 6 months ago, but it only last 3 days and she started eating again. Not sure what to do next.
Please post video using bright white lighting, no blue and can be intimidation from other fish but video will help reveal.
Is fish breathing normal or labored?
 
Please post video using bright white lighting, no blue and can be intimidation from other fish but video will help reveal.
Is fish breathing normal or labored?

Please post video using bright white lighting, no blue and can be intimidation from other fish but video will help reveal.
Is fish breathing normal or labored?
 
Water seems a little hazy and looking at flying debris, water flow may be a little strong for the fish. Reduce flow rate and see if clown reacts to it
 
Water seems a little hazy and looking at flying debris, water flow may be a little strong for the fish. Reduce flow rate and see if clown reacts to it
 
Thanks. I’ll adjust the flow. I was just trying to find a balance of keeping it oxygenated during treatment. I have an air stone, so I’ll use that. The wave maker I think is too strong for a 10 gallon tank. Could the haziness still be from the Rally Pro? Last dose was yesterday.
 
Thanks. I’ll adjust the flow. I was just trying to find a balance of keeping it oxygenated during treatment. I have an air stone, so I’ll use that. The wave maker I think is too strong for a 10 gallon tank. Could the haziness still be from the Rally Pro? Last dose was yesterday.
 
Water seems a little hazy and looking at flying debris, water flow may be a little strong for the fish. Reduce flow rate and see if clown reacts to it
I turned down the flow. She’s still not eating and still breathing fast. She’s not swimming around the tank hardly at all. Mostly staying in the PVC or at the bottom of the tank. Still showing signs of stringy stool. Should I repeat the rally pro or is there another medication that would help. I know it’s hard to say what’s wrong, but I don’t want to lose her and she just seems to be struggling.
 
I turned down the flow. She’s still not eating and still breathing fast. She’s not swimming around the tank hardly at all. Mostly staying in the PVC or at the bottom of the tank. Still showing signs of stringy stool. Should I repeat the rally pro or is there another medication that would help. I know it’s hard to say what’s wrong, but I don’t want to lose her and she just seems to be struggling.
Yes on Rally pro and takes 1-2 days to take effect. Then treat every 72 hours
 
Yes on Rally pro and takes 1-2 days to take effect. Then treat every 72 hours
Are these directions for a bath or in the tank? I treated the QT tank the first round, she seemed too stressed to try and catch her.
 
Are these directions for a bath or in the tank? I treated the QT tank the first round, she seemed too stressed to try and catch her.
Directions are for in-tank treatment. For bath, double the dosage in a separate container, not tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new