Clownfish not eating. Sick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter liamelias
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

liamelias

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2023
Messages
104
Reaction score
21
Location
Bloomfield
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I have a mated pair of clowns that I have had for almost 7 months. They contracted ich on their first month and I treated them with copper in the hospital tank. The ich went away and I chose to keep them in the QT tank this whole time because of 2 fallow periods I did on my DT. Ever since they have been growing so much and feasting on pellets. However a few days ago the female started ignoring pellets and eats 3 or 4. She would eat about 20-25 in comparison. The male has also ignored a few but still eats almost normally. They have had no other contact with fish since they have been in the same hospital tank (obviously without copper anymore) I see some white marks in her upper side so Im dreading this is ich again.

Here is a video. Thank you in advanced

 
Sometimes fish stop eat their food you feed them all the time and feeding them something else gets them to eat again. Have you tried feeding the clowns sometime else?
 
I don’t see ick on that fish, yet not always visible.
Behavior looks normal, except loss of appetite.
Just keep eye right now.

Fins look clean in the video for what I can see.
 
Live brine is is almost never not eaten if you could get your hands on some. Bot a lot of nutritional value but could help get their appetite back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new