Clownfish parasites. Treated 3 times, still have it.

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I have treated my clownfish 3 times with internal parasite medicine and each time, they only eat it fresh when I make it. And they barely eat it even with garlic. Now for the 4th time, I found my female clownfish pooping a inch and a half long white poop. Please help me, I just finished treating them 2 weeks ago, and now I have discovered another poop. I use the seachem focus and metroplex with garlic in the pellets and shrimp. I have picky clownfish who don’t eat shrimp when they are fed shrimp but will eat a bit when I feed my royal gramma and my inverts. But they still go crazy at the top of the tank for pellets. Here’s the picture of my female clownfish pooping.

A02641AA-0F0C-44F5-98E2-2762DC4366C2.jpeg
E8414714-8CD7-49DA-8E2A-FB4D74FCB69C.jpeg

Last edited:

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be internal proyozoans. New Life Spectrum Hex Shield that controls the protozoans. High fiber I think helps. I was provide this info the other day for my 6yr old clown.

OP
OP
Anak’s Reef

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Is the new life spectrum like a medicine for it? I’ll do my research on what internal proyozoans are so I don’t batter you with questions. Thanks for letting me know!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back