Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hey everyone,

This isn’t good but can anyone identify what is wrong with my clownfish? Just noticed some white spots, but not the size of salt grain (as far as I can see)

His appetite is good, swims with ease and is acting normal. But obviously the white spots aren't normal. It wasn’t there yesterday. I changed 25% water 3 days ago. Water params are normal.

is it ick? Brook? Clownfish disease? Please advise!

I have access to metroplex, api general cure, ruby rally + ruby ich, and paraguard (if any of those help in my case)

IMG-1717.jpg IMG-1721.jpg IMG-1726.jpg IMG-1729.jpg IMG-1730.jpg IMG-1731.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
yes just on one clownfish

My other clown is fine, as is my firefish. All eating well and swimming well.
Can you post a short video? That helps me quite a bit when trying to judge issues with fish, especially clowns.
Jay

Fritz

Jay Hemdal

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I absolutely can. Hope this works. Thanks in advance
Well, sorry, it didn’t tell me as much as I hoped. It is swimming with slightly clamped fins and is breathing a bit heavy. Trouble is, I can’t confirm is it is any of the three common issues; ich, velvet or brooklynella. None of the drugs you listed are likely to help though, except maybe the ruby reef.
I’m not familiar with the other ruby ich product, does it list its ingredients?

Jay

OP
R

rojees

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Well, sorry, it didn’t tell me as much as I hoped. It is swimming with slightly clamped fins and is breathing a bit heavy. Trouble is, I can’t confirm is it is any of the three common issues; ich, velvet or brooklynella. None of the drugs you listed are likely to help though, except maybe the ruby reef.
I’m not familiar with the other ruby ich product, does it list its ingredients?

Jay
Dont be sorry, appreciate any help.

I will shortly upload a video from this morning.
I ended up trying the ruby rally + ruby ich last night.
I dont have the bottle with me now, but this is from their website:

Ruby Reef combo pack features 2 powerful medications that can be used safely together, Rally is a copper free treatment for tropical and marine fish suffering with marine velvet, dinoflagellates, flukes and bacterial infections. It does not affect nitrifying bacteria. An excellent preventative treatment for quarantine tanks. Active ingredients has acriflavine, aminoacridine, 0.24-percent formalin. Kick-Ich is a water treatment for the control of ich in marine and freshwater aquaria. It has been scientifically formulated to eliminate the free swimming, infectious stage of the ich life cycle while being safe for all freshwater and marine aquaria. Kick-Ich has a long shelf life at room temperature and is supplied in easy to use, self dosing bottles. Safe for all fish, corals, invertebrates and macro algae, as well as the facultative anaerobes and nitrifying bacteria essential to biological filtration. Active ingredient has 5-nitroimidazoles safe to use in combination with Rally.

OP
R

rojees

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
todays video

Still eating well, (after 1st dose of Kick ich and rally)
The "sick" clownfish is definitely losing colour and its fins are white-ish

Attachments

• SEPTENTRIO-export (video-converter.com).mov
    15.3 MB · Views: 0

Jay Hemdal

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
todays video

Still eating well, (after 1st dose of Kick ich and rally)
The "sick" clownfish is definitely losing colour and its fins are white-ish
Yes, the sicker clown is producing a lot of mucus. The spots do look to big to be ich, but then, if it is a really small clown, the size is relative. I would continue with your treatment as that is really your only course of action. The acriflavine has multiple uses as a fish treatment, so will cover other problems.

Jay

Do you have a Reefing Super Power?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 41 28.7%
  • NO

Votes: 98 68.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 2.8%
Koral Kingdom