Clownfish swimming in same spot

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my black storm clownfish has been acting weird started this morning. I have another mocha storm clown and is normal. The parameters are all ok PH is normal, nitrate and nitrite are also normal and ammonia is at 0. I have a video too. It just swims in one spot facing downward. I’m worried he’s dying. He was eating well last night and goes for the food still.

IMG_4404.jpeg IMG_4409.jpeg

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my black storm clownfish has been acting weird started this morning. I have another mocha storm clown and is normal. The parameters are all ok PH is normal, nitrate and nitrite are also normal and ammonia is at 0. I have a video too. It just swims in one spot facing downward. I’m worried he’s dying. He was eating well last night and goes for the food still.

nostalgiaforinfinity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I literally can’t see anything with how blue your light is. Post white light pics/vid

WhatCouldGoWrong71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a clown that hasn't left the spot he is hosting for over a year. He only ventures about 5 inches when it's feeding time. In another tank I just added two clown, they haven't left this one corner in 2 weeks. My understanding is that clowns simply stay put in some cases.

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4414.jpeg
    IMG_4414.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 18

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so yesterday he was just fine then at 1:50am today, he’s laying on the sand bed and breathing heavy. The parameters are all great, ammonia at 0, nitrite at 0 and nitrate at 0 and PH at 8
Do you have a video?

Glowurm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so yesterday he was just fine then at 1:50am today, he’s laying on the sand bed and breathing heavy. The parameters are all great, ammonia at 0, nitrite at 0 and nitrate at 0 and PH at 8
Temp and salinity?

OP
OP
N

naybedg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp and salinity?
Temp is at 79 and salinity is .026 I tested it and it’s normal I even called the aquarium store I always go to and where they’ve helped me before but the clownfish is swimming around now. I have 3 anemones now and hope the clone host in one of those instead of the Duncan coral because they seem small still but they’ll host where ever they want

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back