Clownfish swimming vertical then died!

Miracle Farm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my clownfish for 7 days. Was doing great. Was swimming vertical for about 4 hours. Also being pushed around the tank.
29g bio cube. Pajama cardinal doing fine.
Temp 78
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate less then 10 ppm

I've had the tank 45 days. Cycled tank with live rock and live sand.

Not sure why the clown died.
Suggestions?
 
I hope you meant 1.024. if it is 1.024 then 45 days is still new and stress can show within 7 days from moving into a new tank.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
 
It could be a number of things, I find the fish I lose in my QT (poor shipping, poor gathering methods, disease, parasite, who knows) often act like that right before death. It is hard to say what could have done it, especially if you didn't quarantine and treat it. Your tank if cycled should be fine, yes it is new and can go through mini cycles still, but clowns are very hardy. Sorry for the loss it stinks.
 
Sorry about Tex! What kind of water are you using again?
 
Did a water change Friday night. Used 2.75g ocean water then tap water to equal 3g. 2 drops of water conditioner.
 
You might want to consider distilled or reverse osmosis water for the freshwater at this point. I don't know if the tap water is the problem, but it could be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new