Clownfish with translucent fin- disease?

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on humblefish but no one has responded yet so I figured I would do it here too. So to begin I have had this pair of clowns since their birth (literally). Been paired since (3 years ago) with no other fish ever. Today I noticed the male (smaller one) had some discoloration/white spots along its caudal fin. There are only these 2 spots that look way more prominent in the photos than in person. My only guess is that maybe the female is bullying him a little causing damage to these spots? Both are very happy eat like pigs and have no other tank mates. Let me know your thoughts. It could just be its natural discoloration I never noticed too
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1192.jpeg IMG_1193.jpeg IMG_1182.jpeg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add anything else recently, inverts or corals? Can you post your water parameters as well?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on humblefish but no one has responded yet so I figured I would do it here too. So to begin I have had this pair of clowns since their birth (literally). Been paired since (3 years ago) with no other fish ever. Today I noticed the male (smaller one) had some discoloration/white spots along its caudal fin. There are only these 2 spots that look way more prominent in the photos than in person. My only guess is that maybe the female is bullying him a little causing damage to these spots? Both are very happy eat like pigs and have no other tank mates. Let me know your thoughts. It could just be its natural discoloration I never noticed too
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1192.jpeg IMG_1193.jpeg IMG_1182.jpeg

Can you get video under white lights?

From what I can see, you’re correct, looks like bite marks. Clownfish sometimes get into squabbles - you may never see it because when you come into the room, they stop to watch you.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back