clownfish wont eat and has been staying in the bottom corner

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up and my clownfish was in the bottom corner breathing heavy, it was early so I figured it was still sleeping. However, it hasn't moved from there other than swimming back and forth around my sand for about 5 hours and won't eat. My other clownfish is fine, and my tailspot blenny is fine. I added the clowns a week ago, and my tailspot yesterday. Salinity is 1.026, PH is 8. I haven't tested much else. I don't know what to do. I do not see white spots, other than a small white speck on its lip. It was a lighter color than the other clownfish whenever I bought it, but my LFS said it was just different breeders. Please help, I don't know what to do.
1000003307.jpg
1000003308.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I woke up and my clownfish was in the bottom corner breathing heavy, it was early so I figured it was still sleeping. However, it hasn't moved from there other than swimming back and forth around my sand for about 5 hours and won't eat. My other clownfish is fine, and my tailspot blenny is fine. I added the clowns a week ago, and my tailspot yesterday. Salinity is 1.026, PH is 8. I haven't tested much else. I don't know what to do. I do not see white spots, other than a small white speck on its lip. It was a lighter color than the other clownfish whenever I bought it, but my LFS said it was just different breeders. Please help, I don't know what to do.
1000003307.jpg
1000003308.jpg
Pic very dark and fuzzy but preliminarily looks like brooklynella
Is fish breathing normal or heavy?
If normal , you can give it a 5 minute freshwater dip and then treat in tank with ruby rally pro

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic very dark and fuzzy but preliminarily looks like brooklynella
Is fish breathing normal or heavy?
If normal , you can give it a 5 minute freshwater dip and then treat in tank with ruby rally pro
I don't have that or any other treatment. Should I flush it so it doesn't spread to my other fish?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I don't have that or any other treatment. Should I flush it so it doesn't spread to my other fish?
I won’t suggest to flush it unless truly dying
Freshwater dip should help to tie you over
General cure may help if no Ruby rally

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t suggest to flush it unless truly dying
Freshwater dip should help to tie you over
General cure may help if no Ruby rally
Idk what you mean truly dying, but it has been under a rock for like the last 5 minutes curled up breathing even heavier.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It died. I'm hoping my other fish don't get it.
Sorry to hear
It was from the looks of it very weak
Maintain good water quality and diet
Try to obtain ruby rally pro, copper safe and general cure or prazi pro to keep on hand for things like this that can potentially come up
Don’t waste your money on products that claim to be reef safe

OP
OP
ihatetomatoclowns

ihatetomatoclowns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear
It was from the looks of it very weak
Maintain good water quality and diet
Try to obtain ruby rally pro, copper safe and general cure or prazi pro to keep on hand for things like this that can potentially come up
Don’t waste your money on products that claim to be reef safe
Okay

cnjcpb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000003307.jpg
1000003308.jpg
looks like your silicone is compromised in this photo! Is that sand or separation at the silicone joint? If it is, you will have a much bigger problem on your hands soon. The tank could pop a leak or explode open.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 87 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back