Clownfish

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can I feed my clownfish fry or newly hatch clownfish a copepods instead of rotifers? Hard to make this rotifers alive

Pete Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, too big. Hard to keep the rotifers alive ? In the fry tank or growing them?

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, too big. Hard to keep the rotifers alive ? In the fry tank or growing them
No, too big. Hard to keep the rotifers alive ? In the fry tank or growing them?
this is what happened, before I put them in 5 gallon bucket, after that I transfer them to a small container and until now I don’t feed them in a week already because phytoplankton color is still green not light so rotifers are already dead?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats for getting this far!! , but suggest you keep honing your rotifer skills

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats for getting this far!! , but suggest you keep honing your rotifer skills
I’m just curious man I don’t even feed them anymore coz green water or my phyto is still dark green it didn’t even get lighter but every time I grab some water from it and put it to clear bottle there are white thing floating around it, just curious about phyto maybe because it was near in t5 light and it grows while feeding to rotifers

Pete Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you get RG Complete in Canada. Reef Nutritions product
9BF6CD8D-B489-48AB-9A3C-83A25A1D1BAC.jpeg

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can I feed my clownfish fry or newly hatch clownfish a copepods instead of rotifers? Hard to make this rotifers alive
Yes you can feed the pelagic nauplii of some pods. There are a couple of species that work well, and will give better results than rotifers.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that a tigger pods?
No tigger pods are not pelagic.

Parvocalanus crassirostris Copepods are small (100-400 micron) pelagic calanoid copepods that have been identified as a strong candidate for culturing many species of foodfish and ornamental fish. At 50-100 microns, the nauplii (newly-hatched) copepods are a perfect size for small marine fish larvae. This small pelagic copepod is rich in essential fatty acids and provides good nutrition for developing larval fish.

OP
OP
R

RedipsNam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No tigger pods are not pelagic.

Parvocalanus crassirostris Copepods are small (100-400 micron) pelagic calanoid copepods that have been identified as a strong candidate for culturing many species of foodfish and ornamental fish. At 50-100 microns, the nauplii (newly-hatched) copepods are a perfect size for small marine fish larvae. This small pelagic copepod is rich in essential fatty acids and provides good nutrition for developing larval fish.
So which one is for larvae clownfish? And where to buy it from Canada and culture it

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back