Clownfish14s Fusion 20 Adventure!

clownfish14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I wanted to start this to share and document my progress with my new (to me) IM Fusion 20!

Just picked up the tank and stand last week so here is the progress so far

Step one was a leak test. I let this sit for about 3-4 days. Since the tank was used I wanted to make sure there were no surprises!
IMG_4203.jpeg

Next up was a couple of flow upgrades as well as aquascaping. I upgraded the stock return pump with a Sicce 1.5. I also added in some VCA random flow generators and added an AI Nero 3 as well.

On top of flow I also worked on the lighting. The tank came with an AI Prime 16HD but I wanted a bit better coverage so I will be adding another one here shortly.

The aquascaping was actually easier than I thought it would be. I ordered ~5 lbs of Marco premium shelf rock from BRS along with 2x small foundation pieces. I had a bunch of leftover base rock to add as well. I should mention I also did add about 20 ceramic media balls to the rear filtration just to help get some more surface area. I’ve had a great experience with these in the past and I look forward to seeing how well they work on this tank!

I ended up smashing the shelf rock into smaller sizes and gluing everything together with superglue and epoxy. I went for a 2 island look with the right side being much lower and more flat then the left. The tank can be seen from the right side very easily so I didn't want to block that view with aquascape. This should also allow me to have some nice space for the lower light sps and lps.

IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

The last step was to add water. I went ahead and mixed up some fresh saltwater with AF reef salt and added it.

IMG_4254.jpeg

And this is it so far! I’d love some feedback on the progress so far and what you think of the aquascape.

Going into the next week I have a bottle of Fritz that should be here tomorrow. That along with some ammonia chloride from Dr Tim’s will kick my cycle off and then we’re off to the races.

-Clownfish14

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I wanted to start this to share and document my progress with my new (to me) IM Fusion 20!

Just picked up the tank and stand last week so here is the progress so far

Step one was a leak test. I let this sit for about 3-4 days. Since the tank was used I wanted to make sure there were no surprises!
IMG_4203.jpeg

Next up was a couple of flow upgrades as well as aquascaping. I upgraded the stock return pump with a Sicce 1.5. I also added in some VCA random flow generators and added an AI Nero 3 as well.

On top of flow I also worked on the lighting. The tank came with an AI Prime 16HD but I wanted a bit better coverage so I will be adding another one here shortly.

The aquascaping was actually easier than I thought it would be. I ordered ~5 lbs of Marco premium shelf rock from BRS along with 2x small foundation pieces. I had a bunch of leftover base rock to add as well. I should mention I also did add about 20 ceramic media balls to the rear filtration just to help get some more surface area. I’ve had a great experience with these in the past and I look forward to seeing how well they work on this tank!

I ended up smashing the shelf rock into smaller sizes and gluing everything together with superglue and epoxy. I went for a 2 island look with the right side being much lower and more flat then the left. The tank can be seen from the right side very easily so I didn't want to block that view with aquascape. This should also allow me to have some nice space for the lower light sps and lps.

IMG_4251.jpeg

IMG_4250.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

The last step was to add water. I went ahead and mixed up some fresh saltwater with AF reef salt and added it.

IMG_4254.jpeg

And this is it so far! I’d love some feedback on the progress so far and what you think of the aquascape.

Going into the next week I have a bottle of Fritz that should be here tomorrow. That along with some ammonia chloride from Dr Tim’s will kick my cycle off and then we’re off to the races.

-Clownfish14
Love the aquascape!

OP
OP
clownfish14

clownfish14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascape!
Hey! Thank you!

Quick update for this week:

I went ahead and added the Fritz and some ammonia up to 2ppm. I also added the media balls from my current tank into this one as well to hopefully jumpstart the whole process. So far so good. Only 5 days in now and I am already dropping any added ammonia down to 0 in less then 24hrs. Nitrite portion will probably take a bit longer but we will see.

I did have one issue earlier this week and that was with the flow. This Nero is AMAZING! However, it moves some serious water. The ocean direct sand just isn’t able to stay down even at 50% flow rate. So to combat this I went ahead and ordered some thicker “crushed coral” sand to mix in there a bit to see if that helps.

Hope everyone had a great week! Enjoy the weekend!

Current FTS (11-3-23)

IMG_4275.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back