My RSR425 Reef Adventure

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers!

My name is Jurrian, 25 years old and i am from the Netherlands. I work as an ecologist. After a year of having a blue marine 60L (15gallons) Nano, i decided to follow my dreams and bought a Red Sea Reefer 425XL. This tank started cycling on 17th of February 2024. To follow my Reef Adventure and personal growth, i decided to start a reefing journal on this website. So here I am :p

Also I love to be creative. So i have started an youtube channel: Reef Adventure. On this channel I don’t want to only share my reefing journey in a Vlogging style BUT also make some more in depth videos about fish and coralspecies and everything that comes to reefing. And finally I want to make some videos where i visit reefs and some LFS. But that will be in the future.

For the near future i want to share what my plans are for this reeftank and how I want to achieve it. I will post it here and on YT. So if you are interested, feel free to visit my channel by this link: https://youtube.com/@ReefAdventure?si=NKKQgKcaVoqwyE-x

Instagram: @jursreef

fishy greetings, Jurrian

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

I want to make an in depth video about a fish/coral/crustacean species. What are species you are interested in and want to know more about? Or can’t find information about it yourself. Just let me know

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is time for an update!

The reeftank is 3 weeks old now. I got 35 kilogram of already cycled rock in the tank. The cycled rock is from an already established tank. But there is always a small cycle! The brown algue is almost gone and the green algue fase is beginning. I also saw some GHA on the back of my tank and sand. So i decided to put in my clean up crew. My sixline wrasse really liked the new snails i guess and decided to eat some of them. So i am planning to catch and sell him.
I am planning to put a sandshifting goby in my tank along with a tomini tang or Salarias fasciatus. But there is a problem.
I want to get a copperband in the future and it is a risk to add a tomini tang first. But im also planning to get a convict blennie/engineer goby and i don’t know if he will get along with the salarias. Does somebody know what’s the best move to do? Or maybe another fish species that eats algue/gha?

Waterparameters are quite good. I want to lower PO4 a bit and make Nitrate a bit higher. But the tank is very young so i just let it cruise for now and make sure the paramaters dont get close to 0.

Every coral thats in the tank are happy. Even the new SPS frags are happy (birdsnest and stylopora).

Also i’m really happy with how the youtube channel is growing ❤️ there are a lot of people watching the videos and i love the comments i get. Some nice tips and comments. Also the quality of the videos are improving each video.

Coming friday i start a new in depth series about fish and coral species. We kickoff with the hawkfish family. If you have suggestions, please let me know here or in the comments on a video!

I’m trying to upload a tankupdate video every wednesday and a more indepth video on friday. The days may change a bit in the future. The tankupdate is a vlogging/popular type of video and the in depth series are most of the time for information. This way i hope to cover all the kinds of needs that reefers have. And i also learn a lot.

The channel is very young and i’m searching a bit for my own style. I got no media or creative background so sometimes it is a bit difficult haha. But every video is a step in a good direction.

Hopefully you guys enjoy all the content i make. And much more is to come.

Happy reefing greetings, Jurrian

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

i got a question. My tank is currently 4 weeks cycling. But the rock is from an already established tank (1,5 year old rock). A small cycle will always happen so there will be a diatom period. But i started doubting when i began to see those brown strings in the sand. Is this dino with diatoms or only diatoms? Or do i really need a microscope for it.
IMG_8654.jpeg
IMG_8653.jpeg

My parameters are:

6Th march:
Salinity: 0.34
Fosfaat: 0.14
Nitraat: 6.3
Kh: 7
Magnesium: 1260
Calcium: 425 ppm

12 march:
Phosphate: 0.06
Nitrate: 3.9
Kh: 6.1

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a new Reef Tank update! In this episode i show you our newest fish i added. Also i talk about a big possible problem in the tank… dino’s

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

It is time for a new update. In this video i speak about my battleplan against the dino’s. I also show a guide with clear steps based on Mack’s Reef dinoflagellates support group. So if you are facing the same enemy as me, this is a must watch! Enjoy :)

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is time for a new species spotlight episode! This time about the most popular wrasses! Enjoy;

Discover the Beauty of Wrasses | Species Spotlight series #2

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another tank update! I bought my favorite coral and added a new fish

I SPEND another $175 on FISH and CORAL | Reef Adventure Update #5

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

i got a question. My tank is currently 4 weeks cycling. But the rock is from an already established tank (1,5 year old rock). A small cycle will always happen so there will be a diatom period. But i started doubting when i began to see those brown strings in the sand. Is this dino with diatoms or only diatoms? Or do i really need a microscope for it.
IMG_8654.jpeg
IMG_8653.jpeg

My parameters are:

6Th march:
Salinity: 0.34
Fosfaat: 0.14
Nitraat: 6.3
Kh: 7
Magnesium: 1260
Calcium: 425 ppm

12 march:
Phosphate: 0.06
Nitrate: 3.9
Kh: 6.1
Just normal new tank diatoms will go away in a few weeks. Raise magnesium up to 1400. Get nitrates 10 to 15. DKH is low at 6.1. Slowly raise it to 8.

Very nice tank and update videos.

OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just normal new tank diatoms will go away in a few weeks. Raise magnesium up to 1400. Get nitrates 10 to 15. DKH is low at 6.1. Slowly raise it to 8.

Very nice tank and update videos.

Thankyou for your comment! Sadly the brown slime is ostreopsis dino’s

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefadventureYT

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just uploaded a new episode of the species spotlight series! In this episode i talk about the most popular tangspecies. Enjoy!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back