CO2 regulator?

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently completed a DIY calcium reactor and now I am on the hunt for a regulator, I wanted to use the Milwaukee MA957 and I started to look at reviews and was quite surprised at the results. It was pretty much 50/50, people either hated it or loved it. The reviews contained plenty of horror stories regarding sticking valves causing co2 tanks to empty out.
Now a number of complaints were from folks dosing directly through diffusers causing back pressure and ruining the regulators and none who addressed going through a reactor.

My question is pretty simple, given your experience (of which I haven't any) has the unit worked for you, or what is a regulator that compares in price that is MORE reliable (if that is your experience)!!!

Thanking you in advance!!! G-

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im not a fan of this one. Although pricey, the carbon doser is a set it and forget it. . way too easy. Milwaukee can get you by but there are many others similar that will satisfy your needs at a budget

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont cheap out on a regulator as its the heart of your carx system.
I prefer dual stage regulators.
Here is mine.
You can get a nice one for under $400 that will last a lifetime.
20181016_074028.jpg

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you go with milwaukee dont get it from marine depot, i would worry about the ones they sell seeing as the stock photo is of one with a broken knob ( see link):

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a dual stage regulator is better than a single stage. A carbon doser is a milwaukee equivalent with a $20 electronic timer on it.

i think you missed what my comment was for so let me explain, the stock photo that marine depot is using in its website for the milwaukee regulator has the knob broke off on it LOL. i dont even have a CR yet as when i went back to the place where i got my used regal 200 int skimmer for $75 in order to take advantage of the $25 price they told me for a used pumpless CR140, the place refused to sell it to me citing i need to talk to a specific person ( whom happened to be the one who quoted me $25 for the cr140) only to have them sell it to someone else before the person in charge of the used sections next day of work causing me to make 2x 1.5 hour trips to get it only to end up with nothing. ANYway, im still looking for a used CR140 without pump but so far only found one and sorry but im not paying almost new price ( $300) for a USED pumpless cr140 when a brand new one is only $369-$389 for an ac pump model. i personally am looking at lower end dual stage regulators myself like fzone? and co2 art? i mean from all i have found the majority of complaints is in the electronic solenoids which to be honest are all made in china ( by that i mean all the componants regardless of where they are "assembled" even high end hospital grade dual stage regulators are made in china LOL.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back