SR Aquaristik dual stage

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into co2 regulators for a calcium reactor. Is anyone using or have any experience with the SR Aquaristik dual stage regulator for their calcium reactors? I love the idea of the electronic carbon doser, but paying $439 for a regulator is insane! Thanks!

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using one for over a year now without any problems on a ProCal reactor, prior to it I was using a Milwaukee and had problems with the selenoid. I was also thinking about the carbon doser, but heard of af few having problems with them so for the money it wasn’t worth it. The SR ran me about $300 and well worth it. I always worried that the Milwaukee would crap out when i was away….not anymore……

OP
OP
Pablo1102

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using one for over a year now without any problems on a ProCal reactor, prior to it I was using a Milwaukee and had problems with the selenoid. I was also thinking about the carbon doser, but heard of af few having problems with them so for the money it wasn’t worth it. The SR ran me about $300 and well worth it. I always worried that the Milwaukee would crap out when i was away….not anymore……
I really appreciate your input. I'm seriously leaning more towards the SR dual stage. Thanks again!

OP
OP
Pablo1102

Pablo1102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How precise is the bubble counter? Can you make precise minor adjustments? Thanks!

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4387.jpeg

very easy and precise with the knob below the bubble counter, but I use the effluent flow just easier for me becasue my ProCal has a effluent flow meter. if I have to adjust it slower than a constant drip then I’ll adjust it for more bubbles..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back