CO2 Scrubber no longer effective

sailfish1095

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
11
Location
CNY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve installed a BRA CO2 Scrubber and saw an initial rise in pH from 7.8 to 8.3 and was quite happy. After the first 2 week period and after changing media twice now it is no longer seeming to have an effect as my pH remains at 7.8.

Any thoughts as to what could be happening?

FWIW I am currently fighting Dino’s so have lowered the white light spectrum significantly, dosing H2O2 nightly, and about to begin silicate dosing.
 
Is the media getting wet? I find my media depletes very quickly if its getting wet.
 
Is the media getting wet? I find my media depletes very quickly if it’s getting wet.
I put a teaspoon of RODI in the bottom of the chamber (not the cartridge) as the instructions on the media say to do - I’ll try without any and see if there’s a difference.
 
BRS brand is awful. Here is the stuff I use and quite a few others on here use as well. You can find it on Amazon. I bought the 5 gallons and it should last me a year ++. I'm on week 2 with it still keeping my pH at 8.1-8.3 pretty consistently throughout the day.

1741745678378.png
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new