CO2 scrubber placement

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have smelled in the skimmer cup so I will not use air from it into the skimmer.
You can change to a 2part using sodium carbonate if you have dosing several times a day. It will rise Your pH a bit. In the tank I use it it made + 0.3 pH.
Randy has a receipt here and Jim Welsh too.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have smelled in the skimmer cup so I will not use air from it into the skimmer.
You can change to a 2part using sodium carbonate if you have dosing several times a day. It will rise Your pH a bit. In the tank I use it it made + 0.3 pH.
Randy has a receipt here and Jim Welsh too.

You can also step up to a two part using sodium hydroxide, for about twice the pH boost as sodium carbonate. :)

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know if anyone else has posted this before, but for those of you guys currently pulling air in from the skimmer cup, this is another option that's better in my opinion and eliminates the risk of sucking up skimmer crud...

If you have a filter sock section to your sump, pull air from that space. Here's how I'm running mine. It's working very well. You can see condensation inside my scrubber all coming from tank humidity, instead of the skimmer.

IMG_9684.JPG

IMG_9685.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back