Cobalt Aquatics C-Vue 45 AIO

jmNoles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of downsizing from a hastily-thrown-together 72 bowfront to a Cobalt C-Vue 45 gallon AIO that I scored for super cheap on Craigslist.

- Marineland light that I'm upgrading in the coming weeks
- Reef Octo BH 1000 hang-on skimmer
- Running the usual AIO setup with filter socks, return pumps etc., and cycled the tank with rock/media/carbon from the previous tank, which was running for close to a year and growing coraline algae. Switched everything over last night and adding livestock later today (we had some issues during the switch, so a buddy of mine who runs a LFS held my livestock overnight).

IMG_0337.HEIC.jpeg IMG_0334.HEIC.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jmNoles

jmNoles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First two fish, along with a few CUC members, have been re-added. We're staggering the additions to protect against any possible ammonia spikes. Clowns are looking healthy and eating.

Had a small issue with one of the stock return pumps not powering up, but got it up and running this morning. I'm also not running the skimmer at first while the tank gets more established.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_0344.HEIC.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
jmNoles

jmNoles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, any updates? I just got the same tank.
Yes! A lot of updates since I last posted. Will post photos tonight.

I've added a Photon 24-V2+, running around 30-35% power. Softies/LPS all mostly doing well.

Battling a GHA outbreak currently so running Phosguard/frequent water changes to keep phosphates down (my city water is super high in PO4, even with an RODI unit). Livestock all added back and doing great. The AIO component of the tank is great, super easy to clean and run filtration. My only regret is that I didn't switch to a C-VUE AIO sooner.

Back