Coincidence?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a rust brown flatworm break out in a small QT tank. I added two emerald crab, a Pepermint shrimp, limpets , few snails and hermits. I have been sucking the flatworms out but they kept coming back but noticed today not many are left. I’m thinking the emeralds and peppermint have put a dent into the flatworm population. I just wished they would eat Calimorphs ....

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a rust brown flatworm break out in a small QT tank. I added two emerald crab, a Pepermint shrimp, limpets , few snails and hermits. I have been sucking the flatworms out but they kept coming back but noticed today not many are left. I’m thinking the emeralds and peppermint have put a dent into the flatworm population. I just wished they would eat Calimorphs ....

Salifert Flatworm eXit​

Worms become toxic when the die, so great population has been decreased. IMO, QT should be eradicated of pests like flatworms esp when so easy to do

This post applies:

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that. I don't believe a bunch have died that poisoned the tank.... I have been syphoning them out occasionally and have flatworm RX but have chose not to use it yet. Since I have added the two Emeralds and the Peppermint just last week I have noticed far less flatworms to syphon out. This small QT tank I have several anemones and other critters on the LR so I'm not too concerned the FW will reach plaque proportions. There is also a Ball Anemone on the LR and Im experimenting on how to kill these. Any advice on Ball Anemones?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 53 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back