Cold Water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not the first to point this out but had a DD purple tang arrive today in 66 degree water, with two still very cold ice packs on the lid. Checking the temps in Rhinelander and the temps where I'm at - this should have been a zero to one small pack situation.

Tang Water.jpg

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TerraFerma We apologize for the temperature your order arrived in. Hoping the Purple Tang is well? Will you kindly send us your order details via PM as we would like to dig into this a little deeper. Thank you!

OP
OP
TerraFerma

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again - today I got a coral in a bag with 61.5f water.

The coral is alive. But having been subjected to extreme sub tropical water temperatures it could very well perish from this stress down the road.

For reference - the water temperature at a popular windsurfing beach next to the Golden Gate bridge is currently 63f

Not sure what is going on here. You guys are in the business of shipping TROPICAL marine livestock.

FLA.jpg

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TerraFerma Thank you for supplying your feedback. Although, it is a tricky time of the year for evaluating weather maps en route and final destinations, we need to do better. We didn't receive your order details for the Purple Tang last week. Will you please PM us your order number or email address so we can thoroughly look into? Once again, we apologize and are hopeful your recent delivery will thrive. Thank you--

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back