ATO+ Temp Way Off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to lead with how cost effective this product is. Packed with features and the wifi monitoring works incredibly well.

Let's talk about this temp sensor. It's off by five degrees. In the manual it says it comes calibrated from factory within one degree. That was true day one when I set it up. It was in agreement to the bayite for the rest of that evening. It has moved to being, as of today, 5 degrees off. It slowly creeped down in temp over the past few weeks and appears to be going lower and lower. I have a bayite temp controller and to make sure that is correct I have a tried and true glass thermometer. The glass and Bayite are in agreement. Is there something I can do to get this more accurate or will it always be off five degrees and I will just have to live with it? Bayite is in first chamber, glass and red sea in return chamber.

The biggest seller for me on this was temp monitoring. The reason I did not use my Tunze. Is there some sort of warranty or way I can get this thing calibrated?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you even need a temp monitor for top off water? With the amount of top off water used a time it could be 50° and not matter.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you even need a temp monitor for top off water? With the amount of top off water used a time it could be 50° and not matter.
ATO+ is the unit. It is an ato and temp monitor for the tank. Its not meant to monitor your ato temp.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back