Cold weather

chase thompson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
22
Location
grand rapids
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone on the east side of the U.S. done recent online fish orders? I know they add heaters but in Michigan it’s negative temps at night. What’s been your experience lately? Looking to order from live aquaria if anyone has any reviews on them.

Any online recommendations?
 
Has anyone on the east side of the U.S. done recent online fish orders? I know they add heaters but in Michigan it’s negative temps at night. What’s been your experience lately? Looking to order from live aquaria if anyone has any reviews on them.

Any online recommendations?

I recommend you wait.
 
Agree. Not worth the risks with temperatures like this.

I’d be a little worried about live aquaria as well with their recent disappearance and reappearance.
 
I agree with everyone else.....I wouldn't even consider having fish shipped with the negative temps. Heat packs aren't going to work when it is this cold.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new