ColdWafflez Fluval 32g Flex Saltwater journey

ColdWafflez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have decided to start a build diary for my tank after being suggested by @Fish Think Pink. I have started this tank around the same time of the year last year so now it has been about the 1 year anniversary of this 32g tank. So far it has been quite a wild journey for me as I have only started to get serious about this again after neglecting my tank for a good while due to being too busy with work as I had started working as a tradesman. So to start from the very beginning, I started off with a freshwater aquarium but quickly got bored and switched to saltwater after I saw some beautiful corals on Youtube.
Freshwater tank :
h6VyPt0.jpg

And now, this is the start of my saltwater tank. I have chosen to stick with the Fluval Flex as I really liked the magnification that you get on the front with the curved class. It really makes things pop and easier to see
70M5XKD.jpg

Everything seemed like it was going okay until the algae nation attacked...

Some of the little critter that I have in this tank are a Biota tank born mandarin fish. I had this little guy since he was TINY, like fingernail size.
B6QjqlP.jpg

eu8OKRx.jpg

Here he is a few months later. Excuse my super dirty tank :face-with-tears-of-joy:
tDZUIE1.jpg

I also have cardinals, a pistol shrimp and goby that are paired since I put them in, 2 clownfish : a black Percula and frostbite ocellaris.
XZldJF2.jpg

pMD8Zmi.jpg

And now, here we are a year later, I have upgraded my lights from 2 of the Fluval Marine 3.0 lights to 2 Radion XR15 lights and removed the lid from my tank
oBBT4AJ.jpg

I am still battling GHA, Dinos, and I think also cyano but the battle is being won. I have started using PNS Probio and in a day so far I think the dinos are almost gone as I don't see bubbles on the snotty looking things in my tank so I am just left with GHA and some red cyano. My CUC is doing an amazing job. I have built a small army recently so the war will be won

OP
OP
C

ColdWafflez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have ended up getting a rainbow BTA from a fb group member and sort of bit more than I can chew because this anemone is HUGE for my tank...
1xoNEpV.jpg

I have also added a 1/10 hp chiller to my tank to prepare for the upcoming heat wave in the summer. Last year did not fare so well when I had to put in frozen bottled water to try to keep the temps down so my tank doesn't die. The purchase list never ends... something you need always just pops up:dizzy-face:

s53CMVC.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back