Collecting clownfish fry

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
1,293
Location
Virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm expecting a hatch tonight, but how do I go about collecting the clownfish fry? Turn off the flow and shine a flashlight in one spot?
 
unfortunately if you want to raise fry you have to set up and let the clowns lay eggs in a totally different tank.
No way to capture the fry they will become fish food
 
unfortunately if you want to raise fry you have to set up and let the clowns lay eggs in a totally different tank.
No way to capture the fry they will become fish food
Are you sure? It would seem like I could catch most of the fry when they hatch if I wait around with a flashlight.
 
Since it was too late to make the snagger Dw79 linked, I just stayed up until 1 a.m. with a flashlight. I caught about 20 fry. I could have gotten more, but I wanted to go to bed;Blackeye
 
Since it was too late to make the snagger Dw79 linked, I just stayed up until 1 a.m. with a flashlight. I caught about 20 fry. I could have gotten more, but I wanted to go to bed;Blackeye
Nice, good luck with raising them. Keep us posted on how it goes
 
I'm expecting a hatch tonight, but how do I go about collecting the clownfish fry? Turn off the flow and shine a flashlight in one spot?
i know its been a while but did you ever find a good method ive been using a vossen larval trap but no luck and do you turn on the light right away or take time?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new