college chemistry help?

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I need help on one of my chemistry problems, I know there's a lot of smart people on here so I thought you might be able to help me with this. my teacher wants us to find the density of the nucleus of a hydrogen atom. the information he gave us is this:
The hydrogen atom contains 1 proton and 1 electron. The radius of the proton is approximately 1.0 fm (femtometers), and the radius of the hydrogen atom is approximately 53 pm (picometers). 1 fm=1x10-15m, 1 pm=1x10-12m
Any help would be nice.
 
Let's see if I can help...

Density is mass/unit volume. The nucleus of a hydrogen atom is 1 proton. The volume of a sphere is 4/3*pi*r^3. You just need the mass of the proton and you're done.
 
Google says the mass of a proton is 1.67×10−27kg
 
thank you I will try it and see if it works if its right ill let you know tomorrow and thank you a lot haha my teacher can be hard sometimes but I like him so its ok haha
 
I saw that he was busy and I didn't want to bother him but if he added anything it would be greatly appreciated
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new