Collonista snail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Curly01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Curly01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
26
Reaction score
43
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the not so good pics I just got done cleaning my tank. I have noticed lots of these snails lately. Thinking they came in on a piece of live rock. Am I right thinking they are collonista snails or are they a different kind of snail. Is there any way to control them or get rid of them. Thanks
IMG_2305.jpeg
IMG_2306.jpeg
 
I apologize, but I honestly can't say from the pics (no offense, OP, I know it's not easy to get good pics of tiny critters like this); if you can get some clearer pics of the shells from various angles under white light, you might be able to get a proper ID though.
 
I apologize, but I honestly can't say from the pics (no offense, OP, I know it's not easy to get good pics of tiny critters like this); if you can get some clearer pics of the shells from various angles under white light, you might be able to get a proper ID though.
Thanks. I’ll work on getting some more pictures. Maybe actually try my camera instead of my phone
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new