Color change - good or bad

  • Thread starter Thread starter dragon99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2016
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
4,111
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I received this frag it was green for several months. Recently it's become purple.
Should I be concerned? Or is it just showing it's true color? It seems to be encrusting well still.

End of Dec
DSC_1352.jpg


today
DSC_4468.jpg
 
Yea, Id be happy with that.
Some do say overlighting will make corals green. But, I have no good 100% research to back that up, save the few tips of my acros when one of my led timers went stupid.
 
I switched to T5's and the par is higher now, so I'm guessing the color change is related to that.
 
Yes, but it came to me green from AquaSD. No idea what it was grown under there.
You'd have to ask, they have a few different setups, so they'd have to know the tank and how long they had it.. I haven been over there in a while.(Im in SD)
But thank goodness it got beautiful AFTER you got got it. It would have cost a LOT more...
Congrats.

I would keep an eye on it an make sure its not a bleaching, but I've had several corals totally change color.
I want my frogspawn to change back really.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new