Color loss on chalices

Littlebigaj

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2009
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
Location
UCF Orlando
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Tyree blue chalice colony that's about 8" and lately its taken on a brownish/orange color. It's the only chalice that I've grown and I think it may have been getting too much light. Would the discoloration be an effect of that? What would you guys recommend to bring the color back into it?

I want to get into more high end chalices does anyone have a good link on caring for chalices?
 
Where is it place in the tank and what kind of kight exposure is it getting?
Also maybe check your water parameters. Change lighting recently? There are many factors. How long have you had the piece?
 
Recently switched tanks to a new setup, it has been getting more direct lighting MH/T5/HP LED than it did in the old setup, however I moved it into a more shaded area in the tank for the passed week or so thinking that it may have because of this.
 
I think so. I sent you a PM regarding chalice growing BTW.
Recently switched tanks to a new setup, it has been getting more direct lighting MH/T5/HP LED than it did in the old setup, however I moved it into a more shaded area in the tank for the passed week or so thinking that it may have because of this.
 
In my opinion, my T-5s give better color/growth on my chalices than my brothers MHs. Also, he runs a skimmer and my tank only has a hob fuge. I seem to think lower light/flow with less than pristine water conditions give the chalices the best chance. Move it to lower light, and see if it helps.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new