Color loss

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAlee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingAlee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
679
Reaction score
486
Location
Mobile
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea as to why this big guy is all the sudden loosing color? Will he gain it back or is that part a goner?

The only thing I’ve notice is a drop in my PH and I have no clue why…

IMG_5741.jpeg IMG_5742.jpeg IMG_5743.png IMG_5744.png IMG_5745.png IMG_5746.png IMG_5747.png
 
Is it a Montipora?
Color loss can be related to increased illumination or possibly decreased nutrients. Corals loose coloration quickly and regain coloration slowly.
 
This is the rest of the tank, everything else is happy. The only other issue is I’m in the midst of losing a Goni and a new torch that was put in is still acclimating to the tank.

Could there be too much macro in my fuge? Normally it is spinning but there’s so many Pom poms it doesn’t have the power too anymore.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5748.jpeg
    IMG_5748.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5750.jpeg
    IMG_5750.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5752.jpeg
    IMG_5752.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 31
Is it a Montipora?
Color loss can be related to increased illumination or possibly decreased nutrients. Corals loose coloration quickly and regain coloration slowly.
I genuinely have no clue what it is, I bought it from WWC as it was out of one of their tanks with no name.
 
Sometimes I have that issue before it jellies over and dies.
Did you check for nudis by any chance?
 
Sometimes I have that issue before it jellies over and dies.
Did you check for nudis by any chance?
Nudis eat sps? I have some yellow ones in the tank that I have no clue where they came from. Should I take it out and dip it or maybe try to cut some off?
 
Nudis eat sps? I have some yellow ones in the tank that I have no clue where they came from. Should I take it out and dip it or maybe try to cut some off?
Looks more like a Monti than an acro so yeah I can totally see it getting snacked on
 
The only thing I’ve notice is a drop in my PH and I have no clue why…

Just curious, did you use baking soda to raise your Alk? It looks like your Alk jumped from 6.2 to 8.9 in six days which is a pretty big increase. If you used regular baking soda it can actually temporarily lower your pH a bit.

Windows closed? Change in room environment?
 
Just curious, did you use baking soda to raise your Alk? It looks like your Alk jumped from 6.2 to 8.9 in six days which is a pretty big increase. If you used regular baking soda it can actually temporarily lower your pH a bit.

Windows closed? Change in room environment?
The tanks are located in a building of their own, they have tops on them and the windows of the building stay open a good portion of the time. I did use seachem reef buffer a couple of times but haven’t used it in days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new