Coloration and ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kodock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kodock

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
573
Reaction score
343
Location
Columbus, Ga
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this coral from WWC a little over a year ago. They give nearly every coral new name, but to me, it just looks like a variation of a pearlberry. It is mainly a purple tint with some green. Their name for it was “Blue Blade”, but I see no blue. Even the original picture has a purplish tint. Can anyone give a second opinion on what they think it is? Maybe my parameters have pushed it into a more purple tone..

I have a couple of different shades to help differentiate.

CB37B31A-C1BA-4F4F-9A38-E9C49846249C.jpeg
D179EF02-469A-4BEF-8ED5-6ABE2B03018E.jpeg
B89AB4E8-83EB-40A4-9924-CBB2E8364BF1.jpeg
D55F621E-FAEF-45BC-BA7F-FA9230321200.png
 
Bump indeed. I’ve been looking at the Miyagi* Torts, and it looks very similar. Maybe it is just Blue Blade and my light and growth have just made it this way.

I was looking to frag and sell, but I didn’t want kick back from people saying it wasn’t blue, if that makes sense. Then, I could also price it accurately.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new