Colour fading from my GSP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AVVITT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AVVITT

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
139
Reaction score
70
Location
Reading
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me if my GSP is dying? All my other corals are fine and I have 2 other clumps of GSP going well. I do have a decorator crab who keeps snipping bits off all of them so maybe this one has had enough. It's not like it closed up and it does go away at night and come back during the day. My only other thoughts is whether it's getting too much light? I have turned my lights up gradually a couple of time in the last couple of weeks. Any help appreciated.
I know the first thing that might be said is my parameters but I've not checked them because everything else seems perfec
DSC_1378.JPG
t
 
PAR levels have been known to alter coral color. I would not be so worried, unless it is being irritated too badly by the crab.

Another reason I would not be worried is because the other corals show no signs of stress. Polyp extension looks fine too. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new