Come and get it

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Well I finally took the plunge and am in the process of tearing down the tank and starting over kind of. I got allot of mushrooms if anyone is interested there is allot of I think it Pocillopora, a green bubble tip anemone maybe two, lots of little brittle stars and lots of green star polyps. Its all free if anyone want to make the run out and get it. I got a big mess down there so if you come don't look.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested in the Pocillopora and the bubble tips Mike! You going to be around tomorrow? Also I would be interested in the little brittle's.

Eric

ttpociask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in a green bubble tip, also a pocillopora if you still have any, possibly some mushrooms also.

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that Mike, but hopefully its for the best.

I remember your tank looked so mature after only a couple of years, in its prime it looked sweet!! And I know you can bring it back...... best of luck to you, LMK when you are ready to start back up, im sure ill have a couple of frags to help start you out.

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks allot Bri you are one of the best.

I will be home working on finishing things I hope. its a very big project.

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is allot of the Pocillopora and allot of mushrooms. I think that I am going to get rid of both bubble tips and I will see how many of the little brittle star I can get together. Today I must have got about 50 or so but I put them back in the tank but I am sure there will be more.

kesslerkid01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would be interested in some pocillopora what color mushrooms? Eric if you are making the drive willing to bring me back some?that would be an awesome thing if you would
Thanks Kris

Boostin_s14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id like a BT as well if u still have one. also interested in some pocillopora and green stars. how far is algoma from appleton?

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the two bubble tips are gone for now but if they don't I will let everyone know. But there is allot of the other stuff. Oh ya frogspawn and star polyps too. Algoma is about 50 miles from Appleton.

nkelr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any pics???? i would love to ride up there and get some stuff before its all gone.

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubble tips are gone but everything else is still here. My pics are to big and I don't really have time to make them fit sorry.

ttpociask

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big thanks to Mako56 for the free corals and thanks for the hospitality, best lf luck with your rebuild, let me know if you need anything. Very nice Sunday drive scenery too.

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your very welcome and it was very nice meeting you and your wife. Hope everything makes it. Thanks, we will just see how it goes and before long I will be back in the swing (I HOPE).

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for everything Mike. Now I just need to get the Anemone to stay put!!! I was hoping he would stay in one spot. Looked like he was going to until I just got up! Moved up about 4 inches or so. Time will tell I guess! Thanks again for everything.

OP
OP
Mako56

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your very welcome too It seems that they need to find a good spot for them and then they stay ther pretty much. Maybe try feeding it when its in a spot you can deal with.

There are lots of mushrooms, frogspawn, and star polyps left though I am trying to kill most of the latter. I fraged some of the pocillopora but that was in the old cold water to long it doesn't look very good I don't know how that worked for you guys I should of put that in the frag tank or sump I guess. There is some kind of finger leather here too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back