Come Meet Harley!!!

TheLadyCrash

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2016
Messages
452
Reaction score
445
Location
Illinois, NW Suburbs
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's story time! Cue dramatic voice -

I remember the day I found it. After months of watching, staring, inspecting every inch of my live rock looking for something cool that had made its way into the tank, I saw it. A tiny, white, perfectly shaped starfish. I yelped with excitement and called my husband over to the tank, saying over and over "it's right THERE, don't you see it??" until he gave me an exacerbated "oh, yeah, cool". I don't think he really saw it....

Fast forward several months and they have taken over my tank....asterina starfish. And they've eaten almost all of my coralline algae and have now moved on to my coral!

So everyone, please welcome my new little buddy, Harley!

(And yes, I have researched Harlequin shrimp care post-Asterina murder fest)
IMG_1660.JPG
 
Wow he is a good lookin' lil fella, thanks for sharing!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new