Coming up on 10 years...

Curtie44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to believe but my tank is coming up on its 10 year anniversary. It's crazy to look back at some of the photos of when I just started and where it is now....

Back in 2007
IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

Now
Full%20Tank%20Shot_3_zpswduklqgv.jpg

Orange%20Lobo_zps91mwb0pc.jpg

Pink%20brain_zpsx8jrujjo.jpg

Green%20Brain_zpstltmda4v.jpg

RMF%20Myagi%20Tort_zpsexjzgqhd.jpg

Reef%20Pets%20Green%20Granulosa_zpssqodvzof.jpg

Coralmorphologic%20Palys_zpsn4imqm2v.jpg

Last edited:

chopsuey84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. what kind of zoas are those the one that look like orange rastas

LBA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your zoas & palys kill the bases of your acropora or do they live in harmony?

I've got an SPS dominant tank in the works but really feel like letting a few zoas colonize on the rocks.

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Monti is that on the sand bed? That thing is sexy. Whole tank is, really. Nothing beats a mature tank that's grown in like that.

OP
OP
Curtie44

Curtie44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Curtie44

Curtie44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. what kind of zoas are those the one that look like orange rastas
They are Rastas. Pretty much all of the photos were taken under blue lighting which explains the color.
Bro your reef keeping skills are undeniable, it's not very often you see such mature reef tanks. On a side note 10yrs ago I was still learning how to do simple math, write in cursive,ride a bike,.etc.
You should see the pile of coral skeletons I have amassed since getting in this hobby...
Thanks

OP
OP
Curtie44

Curtie44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of Monti is that on the sand bed? That thing is sexy. Whole tank is, really. Nothing beats a mature tank that's grown in like that.
It's a Sunset Monti...again, most of the photos were shot under heavy blue lighting which makes everything look a bit more brilliant than when all the lights are on;)

Do your zoas & palys kill the bases of your acropora or do they live in harmony?
I've got an SPS dominant tank in the works but really feel like letting a few zoas colonize on the rocks.
I have no issues with zoa's/Paly's bothering any of my SPS. It's getting the SPS to play nice together that's the trick. I do see issues with the Superman shrooms killing my SPS though. Can't have them any where near my sticks.

Back