Comline 9001 magnet question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the 9001 skimmer and have it in my aio tank. My question is, the magnet is rated to 3/8 glass but the skimmer keeps sliding down the glass. Note: the magnet is mounted to the baffles so its submerged, only way it would fit in the back chamber. Just want to make sure that if i purchase the 6025.512 magnet listed on the website as a maching accessory that it would help or solve with the skimmer sliding problem. Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming it is a newer one, it would have come with 6025.512, the strength would not change unless the old set was exposed to high heat at some point (generally above 120 starts to demagnetize them). Are you sure they are not misaligned in some way? Their tends to be one position that has maximum hold. You can have them offset or rotated so they aren;t at maximum power. To make them stronger the best way is to replace the outside magnet with 6025.501, this would increase the holding power to 1/2"

OP
OP
D

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've changed the position of the magnet a a number of times. The unit after being positioned correctly slide down to and angles itself. I cleaned the baffles so there isnt anything between the magnets and the glass. The manual says its strong enough for glass up to 3/8s which is the thickness of the baffle. My guess is the weight of the skimmer is pulling it down and the outer magnet doesnt have the benefit of a dry contact friction to help hold it

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is it? I assume the tank is filled and not dry (hold is much less out of water).

OP
OP
D

Davin96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer is brand new from brs. I couldn't find a production date on the box or in the manual. Yes the tank is filled. It works it just wont hold the proper position to work properly at all times.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you email me a copy of the receipt- Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back