0   0   0
Am I going crazy or?
B72FB70F-2372-4FB7-ADF8-96271573EFA3.png

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good old ebay, I am surprised they are still in business.

Sipec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol wut
Looks like they took it down, says it's no longer available
Couldn't have sold it for that price tho lol

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people bid but never actually pay. I buy stuff on eBay still. Great place for vendor auctions and boat parts

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is Australia, eBay is garbage, Chinese shops masquerade as Australian shops and eBay costs are just ludicrous. Also, if you have a problem eBay is so slow or next to useless at fixing things, I have been scammed as both a seller and a buyer. I pretty much refuse to buy anything that is not a 2c store product, I do not have an account these days.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zero and 4 ratings users with final bids. fake burner accounts of the seller.
So basically, the seller wasn't going to make what they wanted, so outbid with ungodly amount in order to keep from selling it to someone at a lower price than what the seller wanted. Am I understanding that correctly?

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is corals of Eden and they are a Tennessee based shop, so before everyone goes about bashing them How about we take a minute to look them up? Is it their fault they have idiots who bid on things beyond it’s worth? Would any of you turn down an offer of say 200 for some gsp? I’ve bought at least 10 corals from them and have gotten them at the starting bid. They are not a shop to go around pulling the garbage you all are accusing them of. My 10 dollar purchases include echinatas, also a good sized scoly for like 40 bucks.

swiss1939

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So basically, the seller wasn't going to make what they wanted, so outbid with ungodly amount in order to keep from selling it to someone at a lower price than what the seller wanted. Am I understanding that correctly?
This is unfortunately a common practice on eBay. From unsavory sellers, and also unsavory buyers who were outbid on something they wanted for less. Sometimes it isn't always the sellers fault. But there are easier features that seller should be using to prevent this practice which have been freely available to all sellers for years. Turn off the ability for buyers with less than 10 transaction ratings from being able to place a bid on your stuff. Don't quote me on 10 ratings exactly, I haven't sold anything on eBay in a while, but it is something pretty low which ensures you aren't using a burner account that you never complete purchases with to throw these stupid bids out there. So some fault still remains with this shop for not utilizing available features to prevent this.

While Keithb22 may be right, my default is to be suspect of any and every seller on ebay without doing some further dive into their ratings and possible online presence. My comment is based off of a screen grab someone posted online which I have no connection to, but providing personal experiences from using eBay for over 20 years. Same skepticism I approach a random post about a LFS I have no connection to but am asked to trust cause its from Tennessee. When buying things online, cover your a** and be skeptical of everyone. Use paypal or something else that will protect your purchase.

Last edited:

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The high bidder has zero feedback, I would bet this bid is not legit and will not pay.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The high bidder has zero feedback, I would bet this bid is not legit and will not pay.
Or.....
The seller has a secret account he uses to increase his bid potential.

Happens more than you'd think...

If he wins his own auction.....cancels it out or makes a fake label.

Theres ways around ebay....
Like cryptic email addresses in messages to bypass ebay fees :)

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No what I’m saying by refering to it being a Tennessee shop, which is local to me, is that I have been to the brick and mortar. All is well, I just hate to see a good shop get static especially when their not on the forums.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is corals of Eden and they are a Tennessee based shop, so before everyone goes about bashing them How about we take a minute to look them up? Is it their fault they have idiots who bid on things beyond it’s worth? Would any of you turn down an offer of say 200 for some gsp? I’ve bought at least 10 corals from them and have gotten them at the starting bid. They are not a shop to go around pulling the garbage you all are accusing them of. My 10 dollar purchases include echinatas, also a good sized scoly for like 40 bucks.
Yeah buddy, they suck. Fire them and go somewhere else.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EAD, hows that? How is any of this the sellers fault?

Because they are a bunch of scummy garbage people? They can still sell for a profit but one grand? Scammers. Thanks for calling them out so I can warn everyone and make sure I don't accidently order from them. The way you defend them makes me think your in on it too and trying to save face on one of the larger forums.

Keithb22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so they should of ended the auction when it got past retail? Phenomenal idea, pay fees to end it early. If you have a problem why don’t you man up and take it up with them? Or are you going to stick to being a keyboard warrior over there?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back