Company that designs hard plumbing

jdloftness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have an SCA 180g aquarium with a center overflow and am purchasing a Trigger Systems Triton 44 V2 sump. I am looking for a company or individual who can design the hard plumbing for me, which will not only show me where all the plumbing goes, but what pieces and parts are involved. (unions, valves, manifolds, etc.)

Other than the standard filter socks area and return pump area, I would like to have the ability to add equipment like a reactor, or an algae scrubber, etc. (need for manifold)

Does anyone know a company that does this sort of thing, or an individual who does? I'm very intimidated by the hundreds of examples I see online, so I need a little help.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an SCA 180g aquarium with a center overflow and am purchasing a Trigger Systems Triton 44 V2 sump. I am looking for a company or individual who can design the hard plumbing for me, which will not only show me where all the plumbing goes, but what pieces and parts are involved. (unions, valves, manifolds, etc.)

Other than the standard filter socks area and return pump area, I would like to have the ability to add equipment like a reactor, or an algae scrubber, etc. (need for manifold)

Does anyone know a company that does this sort of thing, or an individual who does? I'm very intimidated by the hundreds of examples I see online, so I need a little help.

I'd recommend seeking out a plumber or hitting up a couple LFS's.

We can help you here as well, but plumbing is one of those things that it really is best to just be looking at it in person.

I can say you are going to need several feet (10-20 for safety factor) of piping in the required diameter, along with unions, an assortment of elbows/tees, and valves (gate would be preferred as you get more fine tuning ability). Some flexible tubing as well, you don't want your return hard plumbed 100% to the display, you can but you'll get more noise/rattle vs having a section of flexible tubing. On mine I use the flexible from the return pump directly up above the sump/pump where it goes back to hard plumb. It's only ~12". You will also need the barb connections for that flexible tubing.

Buy extra of everything and return your leftovers. It's easier than being one valve and elbow away from completion and having to go back out for more.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back