Compatibility Lies!

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
574
Reaction score
532
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compatibility can be tricky because in my experience, you can say yes, xyz gets along with zxy, but then there will be the one fish/critter, etc. that doesn't follow the rules and lives life on its own terms lol. What is the one solid rule you live by even when others try it with success? For me it is multiple angelfish. What's your say?
 
I won't keep tangs that pace the tank like powder blues etc. That to me means they are stressed in their environment and their behavior can cause stress to others tangs. I keep 9 tangs together and have no aggression but I don't have any that swim laps all day. I also don't push the boundaries trying to keep fish I know I shouldn't just to see if i can do it.
 
I won't keep tangs that pace the tank like powder blues etc. That to me means they are stressed in their environment and their behavior can cause stress to others tangs. I keep 9 tangs together and have no aggression but I don't have any that swim laps all day. I also don't push the boundaries trying to keep fish I know I shouldn't just to see if i can do it.
I know exactly what you mean. Great practice. When I'm suggesting things to our customers, I will absolutely keep this in mind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new