Competitive shooting

datoneazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone on R2R is into competitive shooting I'm looking to start and was looking for a good pistol to start with not sure what is good atm but I been looking at STI competitive pistols any chimes be nice to hear from fellow compet shouting

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I have competed but I cut my teeth on a.45 single stack and then switched to a hi-cap .40. I was a USPAS Limited "Master" shooter using an STI frame/Caspian slide with Bar-Sto barrel. I got out of IPSC/USPSA it after my son came along and work demands increased. When I was shooting there still was a power factor of 180, which I believe has been lowered. I still have my Dillion reloaders and shoot on the farm, just not 6 days a week like I did for 19 months straight.

If I can help let me know, but I am sure a lot has changed since I was in the game...

This was my workhorse after tens of thousands of rounds.

STI.jpg

STIMagwell.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
datoneazn

datoneazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a while since I have competed but I cut my teeth on a.45 single stack and then switched to a hi-cap .40. I was a USPAS Limited "Master" shooter using an STI frame/Caspian slide with Bar-Sto barrel. I got out of IPSC/USPSA it after my son came along and work demands increased. When I was shooting there still was a power factor of 180, which I believe has been lowered. I still have my Dillion reloaders and shoot on the farm, just not 6 days a week like I did for 19 months straight.

If I can help let me know, but I am sure a lot has changed since I was in the game...

This was my workhorse after tens of thousands of rounds.

STI.jpg

STIMagwell.jpg

Very very nice gun!! But yea gonna start shooting in some of the local for starters lol but I'm so nervous at what to use and what I do wrong -__- but since u had a sti frame gun how was it for u ? I was also looking at the sti still master or the sti edge

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The STI Edge was my "back up gun" in case mine broke at a match and I loved it. It was a very tight and well made production "custom" gun. You can often find them used in great shape on the shooting forums catering to IPSC. That gun pictured above had a 1.75# trigger and shot 1" 50 yard groups. It was a dream to shoot and still is, when I get the time!

Good luck.

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never got into the USPSA scene but I was an avid shooter with IDPA, my favorite pistol was the Springfield XD.

OP
OP
datoneazn

datoneazn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never got into the USPSA scene but I was an avid shooter with IDPA, my favorite pistol was the Springfield XD.

Which XD BC u do have XD 45 ACP but it's only a service model with a 4" barrel lol

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which XD BC u do have XD 45 ACP but it's only a service model with a 4" barrel lol

I used the XD 40 with the 4" barrel, IDPA has a max 25 yrd (if I'm not mistaken), a true shooting 4" barrel is just fine. I actually shot 3-4 50 round events with a Glock 27, it wasn't the best choice to win the competition but served well.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shoot competitively, though not all that often. However, I shoot a bit differently than you...

14053487276_e3444c21b6_b.jpg

My latest "Robin Hood."

14431953742_fc2362dc9c_b.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 54 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 53 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back