Complaint on AI Prime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sheen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I wanted to share my experience thus far with AI's service and the issues I had with my Prime HD.
My Prime HD started malfunctioning in that one of the LEDs was out completely and the other was intermittently functioning. The remaining LEDs were working fine. At the advice of the AI support staff I sent in my fixture for warranty evaluation as it wasn't able to be debugged remotely. Upon receipt of my fixture I was notified that the fixture had water damage and that I had the option to purchase another a new unit at a discount. I am surprised because this fixture has not been water damaged, and that the individual LED is not replaceable. In addition, it seems that the service department is just setup to turn around and sell the customer a new fixture. This should have been a manufacturing defect as the unit started to malfunction without damage.

I was given the option to get my original fixture back too, but then I have to pay additional shipping to get it back. Now, I am out of options. One, my light is being held hostage since I would have to pay shipping to get it back, which is unreasonable since I paid for shipping to AI. Two, I am told that it was damaged by me, when it was not damaged, and I am given a "take it or leave it" scenario. I asked for other options on repair but no luck. All I was asking was that it be covered under the manufacturer's warranty, which should cover defective products.

I wish my experience was better, especially given that I also have 2 Hydra 26s and a Hydra 52 on my tank, and I think they work well. Unfortunately it seems that these Prime units aren't built robustly and not easily repairable.
This fixture hasn't been out long on the market and I am surprised that the LEDs are so short lived.
Hoping that there can be some remedy from AI to resolve the issue.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with SB reeflights. They are backed by a warranty and great customer service. They are quite affordable and are easily modded to work with most controllers. Lastly, because they are so affordable, if they totally crap out, it's not too much of a hit to the wallet to replace them.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m terribly sorry, you have been treated this way, they have no excuse. When I upgraded my tank to a 240, I looked at all the light options. When it came to warranty and customer service, Current USA was top notch. Now, I’m not here to convince one to go buy something, but I have been hearing this often.

When I inquired about their lights and needed help, they were not very friendly at all. I found the same scenario with Ecotech, which they are both one in the same company. Everytime I needed help with any of my equipment from Current, they really make me feel special.

Again, these lights are designed to be above a saltwater aquarium, in which there is always moisture either directly or indirectly. (Aka vapor, splashes, evaporation). I also think it’s very poor service to make one pay shipping both ways. (To be fair I only know one side, but why would one be dishonest over simple thing as shipping)?

I have had amazing luck with my leds, and customer service. It would be amazing if everyone could have that same experience as I have. Have they told you how much it is to ship back? Have you tried, going to a supervisor to have this problem resolved, and or the lfs, or place of purchase?

Sincerely
Sarah

Haluk365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am also having bad experience with aquaillumunation service at the moment.
I recently Purchased 2 x brand new Prime HD and one of the light is not showing wifi signal right out of the box.
like everyone else i send an e-mail to customer service and they advice me to reset the light couple of times.
it didn't worked so they call the light back to Allentown PA for service.

The process was pretty standart so far. I purchased a product with manufacturing defect and i was hopping them to repair or replace under warranty without any charge.

So i shipped the light to them when they got the light i send them another e-mail to ask the inspection results.
They told me my light will be replaced with a new one but i will only be responsible to pay 40 $ to get the new light.
i asked them why ? and they told me ,
if i would like the light replaced i will be responsible for return shipment cost.

If my light reparied or replaced under warranty they have to pay the shipment cost as well. It is written on their RMA form clearly.
they deffinately trying to escape from their obligations
Right now i deny to pay them and ask if they repair my light instead of replacing it with new one and send it back to me free of charge.

I will update my post when i solve the problem.

ReefersDelite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - I have 2 AI Primes and have had no issues (knock on Wood) but it sounds like i hope i dont because the service sounds horrible.

eworkspace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues with AI custimer service. I have 3 ai hd primes and 1 hydra 26. Two hd primes are damaged with 5 months. First one, they said it was water damage and second one they said it was salt creep on the board, which to me is ridiculous. Salt creep is very common in any reef tank and the lights should be built in a way to prevent damage from it.
What’s worse is that the second light before i sent in, only 3 led bulbs were dead, but they said when they used their power supply to diagnose the unit, the light became completely dead.
I have one hd prime and one hydra still working fine so far, but actually quite regret having bought them.
Horrible customer service.
It seems they just try to find a way to blame on customers for anything happened to the lights.
My suggestion is to stay away from AI if you think customer service is important.

Yum Yum Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to click buy on this product because it says 1 year warranty on their website, but after hearing this I will do more research.

BYU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI customer service is horrible !!!!
I would def stay away from them
sorry to hear another dissatisfied AI customer

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back