OP
OP
Badfish_TX

Badfish_TX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. I'm in Grand Prairie, so perhaps we are close to each other. There is a great local club called Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society (www.dfwmas.org). They'll have an info booth at Ft Worth Coral Farmers Market event this Sunday. Texas has Aquashella in August and Reef A Palooza in October, so its a big year!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

I'm in Arlington so it looks like we're neighbors! Thanks for all of the great info, I had no idea there were that many events coming up. Looking forward to attending as many as I can.

I've heard great things about DFWMAS, I'll definitely drop by to say hello on the forum.

To be brutally honest, I'm not even sure I know how some of the hardware on the tank works. I've still got a ton of reading to do. Once I don't feel like a complete idiot I'll look into a build thread.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to the cool kids club. Glad to have you.

Amy Poehler Hello GIF by Team Coco

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Arlington so it looks like we're neighbors! Thanks for all of the great info, I had no idea there were that many events coming up. Looking forward to attending as many as I can.

I've heard great things about DFWMAS, I'll definitely drop by to say hello on the forum.

To be brutally honest, I'm not even sure I know how some of the hardware on the tank works. I've still got a ton of reading to do. Once I don't feel like a complete idiot I'll look into a build thread.

I'm by the new IKEA - if I stand at the end of my street and look past the end of my neighborhood towards 161 I can see Arlington!

If you need any help - not that I may know what things are on your tank either - just give a shout! Its always fun to know someone local. With this whole COVID mess we've been so isolated for so long... last weekend's club Frag Swap was fun to meet lots of people. I'm new to Texas and returned to hobby, so I'm catching up on the latest things. A guy came over yesterday to buy 2 of our clownfish before we have another pair breeding at other end of tank and told me my wrasse of 14 months (3rd owner - its 10+ years old) wasn't what I thought (did suspect as much but didn't get around to proving it... SO, can learn in the most unusual of ways!))

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back