Concerned about my anenome

Tanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0602.JPG
I am concerned about my red bubble tip anemone has been acting odd the last few days. It has been retracted instead of open and billowy. Today it started to discolor and a portion has curled up. Should I be concerned
My water parameters are
Salinity 1.026
Ph 8.2
Phosphate .001
Nitrate 1

1MCp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a rock flower, flame, bubble tip, tube anemone, and they all exhibit this type of behaviour at some point. Keep a close eye on it and see if it moves around.

OP
OP
Tanda

Tanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something may have just annoyed it. Watch it close. If you like that coral right above it, you may want to find it a new home...it looks to be in the kill zone! ;)
Ha, thank you for the reply. The monti is actually about 4" behind it . I think its ok.. the anemone circled that branch till he decided on that spot , this week!

OP
OP
Tanda

Tanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a rock flower, flame, bubble tip, tube anemone, and they all exhibit this type of behaviour at some point. Keep a close eye on it and see if it moves around.
Thanks, I bought a rock flower a few weeks ago, it promptly moved itself the the very back of the tank. On the back side, don't think Ill ever see it again

1MCp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the system runnning for?

Ryengoth

I wish I was in St John USVI
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a 6" ritteri for over a year now and have owned several smaller BTA. Some want flow some don't. Some want light some don't. It's a gamble from my experience and you have to 'read' them on a daily basis until they are happy. Being fully or partially inflated doesn't always mean it's sick. Flow affects that as well so they don't rip apart. Don't make any changes to the water, lighting or flow until it stops moving around. If it doesn't stop moving after 3 or 4 weeks then odds are it'll stop eating at some point and give up looking for a perch.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Ha, thank you for the reply. The monti is actually about 4" behind it . I think its ok.. the anemone circled that branch till he decided on that spot , this week!
H wait til it gets big! Mine pretty much have taken over the right 1/3rd of my tank. I gave up trying to put anything over there but rock nems. It seems they go out of their way to investigate anything new near them.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back