Conchs vs pistal shrimp

  • Thread starter Thread starter HawkeyeDJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HawkeyeDJ

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2020
Messages
303
Reaction score
248
Location
North America
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on adding a pistol shrimp and watchman gobie in a few months. I currently have two tiger conchs. They really do an awesome job of keeping the sand turned over. Will they pose problems for the pistol shrimp building his burrow?
 
No…they will help him once he steals them to use as walls lol
Jk (sort of)
They will get along. I don’t have conches with mine but I do have other snails and hermits with him and he leaves them be. The pistol will occasionally take one under thinking it’s a shell. Once he realizes it’s alive, a few pops and then he takes them back out (or they escape) and it’s like nothing ever happened.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new