Condylactis in a hole!

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Condylactis, hosting a clownfish. It seemed to be quite happy. Earlier tonight it has just disappeared into a hole in its rock . The hole is maybe half inch in diameter, which is probably one third the normal size of the anemone’s body. I’m not sure if this is accidental and it may be stuck, or it will come back out of the hole when it’s good and ready. Thoughts?
56648F50-D2FC-4B75-8D10-92063EFDAF34.jpeg
07A8F62F-DBB9-4F2B-B768-FE7D54CAEEF4.jpeg
56648F50-D2FC-4B75-8D10-92063EFDAF34.jpeg
07A8F62F-DBB9-4F2B-B768-FE7D54CAEEF4.jpeg

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm I would give it some time. Can you see if it has spit out its "guts"? Obviously check your parameters and also check on any other corals you have in the tank to see if anyone else is stressed out for some reason. Also the clown could be giving it a bit too much loving and causing it to shrink and be unhappy. Let us know what happens and good luck.

OP
OP
Alan_J_MN

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmm I would give it some time. Can you see if it has spit out its "guts"? Obviously check your parameters and also check on any other corals you have in the tank to see if anyone else is stressed out for some reason. Also the clown could be giving it a bit too much loving and causing it to shrink and be unhappy. Let us know what happens and good luck.
It’s a Fowlr tank.. no corals. Parameters are stable. The clown is constantly in the anenome, but previously it just closed up whenever it had enough, or maybe just to take a nap. This time it disappeared into a hole. Not sure if it can get out if it wants to. I’ll wait a day or so.

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh okay. Well I would just give it some time. No chance another tankmate decided to take a nip at the anemone and made it mad? If it stays that way for more than a day or so I'd try and remove the rock and take a closer look that nothing was messing with the foot of the anemone.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 70 28.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back