Cone or conch? Also- hitch hiker ID help on live rock please!

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this is the 3rd tank I've done this with. I love all the diggers and other stuff. Put an airstone in the tub. It'll help.

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an established algea tray scrubber and a few damsels in the tank before I added 60 lbs of kp to the new system. Several algea take in ammonia directly. I didn't check ammonia till the next morning. 0. I didn't rinse, dip or cure before adding. The only downside is that I have a mantis shrimp ranch. There's 9 small ones that I've counted. The up side is instant cycle. The rock went in in Jan. And now I've almost got it stocked. . Good luck k with the kp. Is your coraline dying off? The ones in water had more coraline loss than wet paper did this time. I think it got cold.
Yes! I noticed that my premium had way more die-off on the coralline than my previous order of the starter. Honestly I think the starter rock was prettier and had more sponges too. When I upgrade my big tank in a year or two I will more than likely just buy the starter live rock as I think at this point I like it better. We shall see this weekend after I get it scaped and some CUC in to take care of the debris growing on it how I feel.

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this is the 3rd tank I've done this with. I love all the diggers and other stuff. Put an airstone in the tub. It'll help.
I will do this when I order the next time. I get more excited about the new rocks than anything else in the tank lol

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I noticed that my premium had way more die-off on the coralline than my previous order of the starter. Honestly I think the starter rock was prettier and had more sponges too. When I upgrade my big tank in a year or two I will more than likely just buy the starter live rock as I think at this point I like it better. We shall see this weekend after I get it scaped and some CUC in to take care of the debris growing on it how I feel.
I put 3 peppermint shrimp and a sail fin tang first thing. Next you'll need an urchin. Get a good flashlight. At night you'll find lots of new creatures. Lol

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put 3 peppermint shrimp and a sail fin tang first thing. Next you'll need an urchin. Get a good flashlight. At night you'll find lots of new creatures. Lol
I bought a red flash light when I set up my other tank! I say all the time the tank is another world with the lights off lol pretty neat!! We have a peppermint shrimp in my bigger tank and i'll likely get one for this new nano these rocks are for. I haven't put an urchin in either of my tanks yet I figured I would wait awhile until the coralline starts taking off! My bigger tank is a predator tank so no tang in that one and my new tank is a 30 gallon waterbox so defiantly cant put one in that lol Pretty cool though its been 4 months since I bought my last rock from KP for my predator tank and I am still finding new things on it here and there! So much life!

OP
OP
BContos

BContos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E143700F-7D98-4A37-A623-0038AAF069DB.jpeg

Found this on my rocks this morning- anyone have an ID?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back