Confused by Rowaphos

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my phosphate was that high I would consider using lanthium chloride to knock it down to a level that your GFO isn't getting as exhausted so quickly.

BE CAREFUL with lanthium chloride..it is very effective..and if you dose to much at once, it can be harmfully effective.

OP
OP
G

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my phosphate was that high I would consider using lanthium chloride to knock it down to a level that your GFO isn't getting as exhausted so quickly.

BE CAREFUL with lanthium chloride..it is very effective..and if you dose to much at once, it can be harmfully effective.

I had done that previously, but it seems that the Hanna kit is giving a higher reading than is actually the case, verified by using a reference solution and finding that the Red Sea kit gives a correct reading for the reference solution while the Hanna kit is showing 3 times the actual level.

The Red Sea kit shows my tank water has a very low phosphate level. The Hanna kit is showing a high level but I now believe it is incorrect.

Panky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had done that previously, but it seems that the Hanna kit is giving a higher reading than is actually the case, verified by using a reference solution and finding that the Red Sea kit gives a correct reading for the reference solution while the Hanna kit is showing 3 times the actual level.

The Red Sea kit shows my tank water has a very low phosphate level. The Hanna kit is showing a high level but I now believe it is incorrect.
Change your batteries

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back