Connecting carbon reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter jdpeters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jdpeters

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2015
Messages
926
Reaction score
476
Location
eatonville washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the mini BRS media reactor that I’m connecting to a half inch barb on my manifold. I thought it would be much more straight forward but the hard tubing obviously doesn’t go over the barb. I got a stem to hose barb fitting to connect to vinyl tubing that works so that’s exciting.
My question is should I glue the stem to the polyethylene tubing or just leave it dry fitted. It’s pretty snug but what do people normally do? I have pvc cement or could I super glue it?

IMG_0046.jpeg
 
I have the mini BRS media reactor that I’m connecting to a half inch barb on my manifold. I thought it would be much more straight forward but the hard tubing obviously doesn’t go over the barb. I got a stem to hose barb fitting to connect to vinyl tubing that works so that’s exciting.
My question is should I glue the stem to the polyethylene tubing or just leave it dry fitted. It’s pretty snug but what do people normally do? I have pvc cement or could I super glue it?

IMG_0046.jpeg
Leave it dry, i use the plastic hose clamps to keep it snug.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new